August 05, 2008

The LBDD...





Today I wore my Little Black Day Dress (LBDD). While little black dresses are commonly night attire only I opted to casualize (is that a word?) the iconic dress by using an American Apparel tank dress. The tank dress is a piece in my closet that is in constant rotation during the summer and winter months. ( In winter I pair this dress with opaque tights, boots and sweaters.) This particular version from American Apparel has a cinched waist to add a different silhouette than the standard tank dress. It can even be dressed up a little when heels are thrown in the mix. In my mind the tank dress should be a staple in every fashionista's wardrobe.

AA Tank Dress-Black
Jeffrey Campbell Beaded Gladiators-Purple (not pictured)
Silver Bangles
Vintage Silver Snake Ring
Vintage Silver Arrowhead Necklace (from a previous post)
Silver "Paris" Necklace
Brown Leather Messenger
F21 Plastic Aviators

No comments: