June 03, 2009

"I just like how he's always leaning. Against stuff. He leans great. "



Angela: What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like, your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second.

I have spent the last three days obssessively watching my sister's dvds of My So-Called Life and now that I have run out of episodes I am entirely depressed. I knew before I even started watching that it was cancelled after only one season, I knew that I would become attached to the characters and fall deeply in love with Jordan Catalano, but somehow I couldn't keep myself from watching for much longer. I knew I was missing out on something great.

And indeed I was. I now foster a crush (which is 15 years too late mind you) on Jared Leto. I care about Rickie and Angela and Rayanne and Brian. I am in awe of the amazing storytelling and writing of this show. Its hard to believe how painfully honest and truthful some of Angela's (Claire Danes) narrative voice-overs are. My So-Called Life makes you realize how no other "teen" television show today or in recent years in any way lives up to the glory of this show. Watch it and be amazed.


P.S- Claire Danes' dance scene to "Blister in the Sun" is brilliant.

2 comments:

Mcmaris said...

Wow, you just brought me back. My sister & I used to obsess over this show, over Jordan Catalano, and we used to listen to Blister in the sun over & over.....
Love this.

Marina Siero said...

great header :)