July 15, 2009

we start believing now that we can be who we are



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is a little sketch I did yesterday morning. I fell in love with the Miu Miu bag and just had to put pen to sketchbook.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

tank dress-AA; bike shorts-Cut up tights; lace tank bra-Anthropologie; cowboy boots-Chelsea Flea Market; claw necklace-Festival; red earrings-Street Vendor

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sweetest strawberries ever. The perfect snack!

There is little that makes me happier than driving down the highway with the windows down and the oldies station blasting. I can't help but smile and laugh out loud. And when I realize I'm uncontrollably smiling because of some silly song fitting that moment so perfectly, its kind of like bliss.

Anyways my point about the whole song fitting a moment or time or season is basically me saying that 105.9 was playing the perfect line-up of summer songs. This morning I was indeed driving down a tree-tunneled highway with the windows down, radio blasting (probably too loud), sunny skies with puffy clouds above me, and the beach boys came on the radio. Probably the most quintessential summer band ever. I can't even think of a Beach Boys song that doesn't mention beaches, California, sunshine, bikinis, you get the picture. "California Girls" was followed by Frankie Valli's "Grease" and then "You Can't Hurry Love" by The Supremes. They just fit this summer so well...oldies have these sugary sweet melodies and lyrics; they remind me of melting ice cream, and lemonade stands and balloons, and sock hops! Sweet and bubbly music puts me in the best mood :)


No, love, love, don't come easy
But I keep on waiting
Anticipating for that soft voice
To talk to me at night
For some tender arms
To hold me tight
I keep waiting
I keep on waiting
But it ain't easy
It ain't easy
But mama said:

You can't hurry love
No, you just have to wait
She said to trust, give it time
No matter how long it takes


"You Can't Hurry Love"-The Supremes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool sketch, i really like how you've used a mixtur of uber thick and frail delicate lines on it.

Grace said...

The sketch is fantastic.

I am also in love with your lace tank bralette.

Love Grace.

Sasi said...

Awesome sketch!