August 12, 2008

Fall Preview: Hats and Gloves







As the temperature outside starts to slowly decline I am looking foward to my fall wardrobe essentials. The fall 08 runways were packed with gorgeous beanies (Prada + Alexander Wang to name a few) and gloves to keep those digits toasty. While Rodarte's gloves are super fancy and decorative, Thakoon's are functional and classic. (Thakoon really brought the long, leather glove back into the spotlight.) My favorite however has to be the elbow length cashmere gloves sported on the Sonia Rykiel runway- they look so soft and comfortable...not to mention warm. I can't wait to buy myself a pair!



*The bowler hat seen on Hye Park for Sonia Rykiel is also a great transition piece for fall. The look was recently spotted on Rachel Bilson, and it added a little warmth to her mini skirt and heels.

No comments: