August 18, 2008

Fancy Dressing: Summer Weddings






I spent this past Saturday at an outdoor wedding. While the ceremony was beautiful, it was also very hot; I kept fanning myself with the wedding program! In order to stay as comfortable as possible when out in the August heat I opted for a one-shoulder number and gladiator wedges. The dress is reminescent of Prada's floral skirts but I bought it on sale for $29.99 at Express! I had seen it a week earlier with a tag for $125.00 and when I stopped in the store again they had put it on sale, how lucky! I paired the Nine West gladiators with it because I just thought they added a great tough quality to the girly floral pattern on the dress. I accessorized with a vintage gold and opal ring, vintage silver snake ring, vintage silver arrowhead necklace, diamond studs, and a vintage blush suede clutch. I was very fond of the outfit in the end, I even got a compliment from the bride...thats when you know your dressed well ;)

Anyone else attend a wedding recently? What were your takes on summer wedding attire?

No comments: