November 11, 2008

Don't Feed the Wendybird....




I love Erin Fetherston's clothing because it is all about having fun. She makes clothes that are comparable to sprinkled cupcakes and something about that really appeals to my aesthetic. When I watch her collections go down the runway I feel as though I've wandered into a fairytale land...her clothes are all about dressing up and the fantasy of it all.

That is what she carries into the beautiful fashion films she has put together. The first film, Wendybird is completely fantastical. It captures a retro childlike quality in the clothes, the music and the use of black and white. It, like Erin's clothes, is so fun and carefree!

Erin Fetherston also put together a video called Dollhouse when she joined with Target for her Go International line. This video just brings in more of the fantasy element and is SO SO cute! Her fashion films just put me in a good mood and make me feel happy...and I'm sure one would get a similar feeling when dressed head-to-toe in Erin Fetherston. For now I'll just have to dream...

1 comment:

Hannah Serena said...

I love Erin Fetherston too! I interned for her last summer. She has such a fabulous imagination, and it was an honor working under her.
Hannah Serena, À la Mode
hannahserenaballerina.blogspot.com